[seqfan] Question on base keyword

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Mar 28 21:19:49 CET 2014

There are a fair number of pairs of sequences like A106456 and A106455,
where the first sequence contains patterns of 0's and 1's, and the
second interprets them as binary numbers and converts them to decimal.

It is pretty clear to me that the first of such pairs should  have the
"base"keyword; even by the original narrow definition of the keyword.
These would be different numbers (although the same numerals) in some
other base.

I'm not as certain about the second. By my definition, they should: at
some point in their definition, they treat numbers as numerals. I don't
want to go ahead and submit lots of changes for these without a
consensus, however.

So, do people think A106455 and its ilk should or should not have the
"base" keyword?

Franklin T. Adams-Watters