[seqfan] Re: New partition function record: p(10^20) computed!

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 07:55:37 CET 2014

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:22 AM, <franktaw at netscape.net> wrote:

> I wouldn't assume that. It is quite likely that the low-order block is
> given first. That the final one is so small strongly supports this.
>
> Franklin T. Adams-Watters

I was mistaken, you are right and there is an even stronger support for
this : the number is reported as even. I first considered the other way
around because the algorithm for computing p(n) is refining its result by
adding smaller and smaller terms.

At least, together we answer William's question.

Olivier