[seqfan] Re: A238897: A sequence for Pi day

Harvey P. Dale hpd at hpdale.org
Wed Mar 12 22:04:09 CET 2014

	Dan is correct.  Two further observations: (1) the next time Pi day will be accurate to 5 decimal digits will be 100 years from March 14, 2015, and (2) the first time Pi day will have 6 decimal digits of accuracy (following the convention of dropping the two leftmost digits of the calendar year) will be on March 14, 10159, i.e., 7,146 years from now.  I've put the latter date into my calendar so I won't forget to celebrate the day.

	Harvey