[seqfan] Re: Conjectured sequences in the OEIS

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Fri May 23 19:14:35 CEST 2014

I'll be honest -- I'm not worried at all about accepting probable-primes in
the OEIS. The chance that a submitted sequence will contain one or more
transposed or mistyped digits is probably over 1%, and the chance that a
logic error caused some terms to be wrong probably exceeds 5%. Editing
helps reduce the number of problems these cause, but there are undoubtedly
many errors yet to be found in the OEIS.

By contrast the expected number of errors in our, say, 30 million terms due
to probable prime tests returning the wrong results is surely less than 1.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University