[seqfan] Re: A006899, A108906 and similar sequences : divergence proof?

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Mon May 26 16:05:26 CEST 2014

The divergence of A108906 is equivalent to the statement that for each
integer n, the equation 2^x - 3^y = n has only a finite number of
integer solutions (x,y).
It is easy to prove this statement for each particular (given) value
of n and even compute all the solutions, but I do not know how to
prove it for general n.

Regards,
Max