[seqfan] Re: An idea of sequence of sequences concerning with triangle

Vladimir Shevelev shevelev at bgu.ac.il
Tue Nov 11 13:45:08 CET 2014

Dear Seqfans,

A class of sequences which I considered let us call M, since the
algorithm begins wth the triangle of 1's corresponding to Mersenne sequence.
It is easy to show that, if we use the same algorithm, beginning with another
(0,1)-triangle corresponding to, say, sequence {x(n)}, 0<=x(n)<=2^n-1,
then there are possible only two cases: 1) we obtain the same class X=M;
2)  we obtain another class X which is disjoint with M.
Indeed, opration "k" means that every k-th entry of (0,1)-triangle is changed by
opposite, such that k(k(T))=T. If {x(n)} is in M, then we get the corresponding
to it (0,1)-triangle from the triangle of 1's by usng a finite number of operations k_1,k_2,...,k_r.
So, conversely, beginning with the (0,1)-triangle corresponding to sequence {x(n)}, using
these operations, but  in the inverse order k_r,k_{r-1},...,k_1, we get the triangle of 1's corresponding to Mersenne sequence. This means that X=M.
For example, denote by I the class of sequences obtained by the same
algorithm, but beginning with the (0,1)-triangle coresponding to sequence 1,1,...,1,...:
1
01
001
0001
....,
we conjecture that M and I are disjoint;
Denote by P the class of sequences obtained by the same
algorithm, but beginning with the (0,1)-triangle coresponding to sequence
0 followed by primes 0,2,3,5,7,...:
0
10
011
0101
00111
Most likely, M, I and P are mutually disjoint.

An important question: is there a way to know, whether a given
sequence {c(n)}  belongs or not belongs to a considered class X with
the initial sequence {x(n)}? If this way exists, then having a representative
of every considered class,  we can partition the whole class of nonnegative
sequences c(n) not exceeding 2^n - 1, n>=1, by disjoint classes of type M.
 I think that, to this question it could be devoted a separate research.

Best regards,
Vladimir