[seqfan] Algebraic numbers of high degree

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Fri Oct 31 06:07:52 CET 2014

I just approved sequence A248424, an algebraic number of degree 86400. Are
there other algebraic constants of high degree in the OEIS? I don't want to
suggest that this is a record, but it seems rare to find such high degree
'in the wild' as it were. (This may be an artifact of our limited nature.)
For example, I've seen Conway's constant A014715 used as an example of a
high-degree constant, but it's much lower in degree than this one.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University