[seqfan] Re: A033791

David Newman davidsnewman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 00:13:36 CEST 2014

Thank you Wouter.

In answer to your question:

"if I interpret your definition of carry-free frequencies correctly, then
the number of carry-free partitions of n equals A018819
"Binary partition function: number of partitions of n into powers of 2".
Can you confirm?"

Yes, I confirm this.

Here's how I see the situation:
If I let f(q)= 1+q+q^3+q^6+..., then my proposed sequence has generating
function  Product(f(q^2^n)), where n goes from 0 to infinity, while A033791
has generating function Product(f(q^2^n)), where n goes from 0 to 5.  I'm
still not sure if to propose this as a new sequence or as a comment to the
existing sequence since the two are identical for 60+ terms.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Wouter Meeussen <wouter.meeussen at telenet.be