[seqfan] Re: Algebraic numbers of high degree

Bob Selcoe rselcoe at entouchonline.net
Fri Oct 31 15:47:19 CET 2014

Hello Charles et al.,

I'm not sure what Charles' comment "This constant is algebraic of degree
86400"  in A248424 means, or what makes it such high degree - but 86400 is,
of course, the number of seconds in a 24 hour day.

I'm not an astrophysicist; but since the constant in A248424 pertains to the
radius of the Earth's orbit around the Sun (1 AU), might there be some kind
of astrophysical connection?? ( I know 24 hours/day is an approximation, but
so is 1 AU - albeit very close).

Perhaps other constants of this type "in the wild" might be found in
relation to other planetary orbits, or other astrological movements?

Cheers,
Bob Selcoe