[seqfan] Floor[Tan[n]]

Veikko Pohjola veikko at nordem.fi
Wed Sep 3 09:00:23 CEST 2014

Dear seqfans,

It is obvious that Tan[x] covers all real numbers (I guess). It may be obvious that Floor[Tan[x]] covers all natural numbers. But it is pretty far from obvious, to me, that even Floor[Tan[n]], where n is an integer from zero to infinity, would also cover all natural numbers.

Is it this last statement above, what is meant by the comment ”Evey integer appears infinitely often.”, which appears in A000503? If it is, could and shouldn’t it be provided with a justification in the case of being a conjecture, or with a proof in he case of being a postulate?

Veikko