[seqfan] Rif: Re: 2 questions

john.mason at lispa.it john.mason at lispa.it
Wed Sep 3 09:20:04 CEST 2014

My rather ingenuous suggestion depended on me not really realising the
frequency of new sequences!
Liked the web cam though.
Thanks
john
__________________________________

Da:     Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com>
Per:    Sequence Fanatics Discussion list <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
Data:   02/09/2014 19:30
Oggetto:        [seqfan] Re: 2 questions
Inviato da:     "SeqFan" <seqfan-bounces at list.seqfan.eu>

PS
But there is a much better solution: turn on the OEIS web cam,
and set it to browse through "recent addition".  This was designed to
solve
exactly the problem you asked about.  See the foot of any OEIS page.

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com> wrote:
> John, the rate of growth has been fairly constant
> from 1996 (when the OEIS was put on the web) until now.
> New sequences arrive at about 40 per day, or 15000 per year.
>
> Would you really want to receive 15000 emails a year saying "A123987
> has beed added to the OEIS"?
>
> I don't think so!
>
> Neil Sloane
>
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM,  <john.mason at lispa.it> wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> 1. does a graph exist plotting number of OEIS sequences against the
year?
>> Or could a new sequence be invented - annnnnn with offset 1973 (year of
>> first publication of Neil's book) with the value of a being the number
of
>> sequences published that year (or accumatively, up to that year)?
>> 2. is there a way for seqfan members to (optionally) receive email
alerts
>> as each new sequence is published? With a specific tag in the Subject
>> field so as to allow email client configuration.
>>
>> john

> Dear Friends, I have now retired from AT&T. New coordinates:
>
> Neil J. A. Sloane, President, OEIS Foundation
> Also Visiting Scientist, Math. Dept., Rutgers University, Piscataway,
NJ.

--
Dear Friends, I have now retired from AT&T. New coordinates:

Email: njasloane at gmail.com