[seqfan] Re: What does the G.f. mean in A138977 and A138978?

Wayne VanWeerthuizen waynemv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 18:50:15 CEST 2014

Thank you, Charles and Robert, for your useful replies.

I am not sure I have all the prerequisites for Herbert Wilf's text, but I'll
make a go of it anyway and see how far I can get.

Or maybe I should talk with one of you off of this list about what free
introductory number theory, combinatorics, or complex analysis texts I
might wish to tackle first? In turn, I am assuming basic introductory linear
algebra and basic calculus (both of which I passed in community college many
years ago) are the only prerequisites for those? Thus, I am not too many
courses short of being prepared for Herbert Wilf's text?

Wayne