[seqfan] Re: Floor[Tan[n]]

Veikko Pohjola veikko at nordem.fi
Wed Sep 3 10:50:16 CEST 2014

I decided to pose these questions having played with another sequence, which forms when nesting Floor[Tan] to A000503 sufficiently many times. The end result is a sequence composed of 0’s and 1’s. The position on 1’s in this sequence does not seem to follow any regular pattern.

After applying the Floor[Tan] 8 times to Floor[Tan[n]], n=0...10^5, the position of 1’s in the limiting sequence (not changing when applying the function the 9th time) is as follows:
3, 19, 3, 19, 3, 19, 3, 19, 3, 13, 6, 3, 7, 6, 6, 3, 7, 6, 6, 3, 13, 6, 3, 3, 10, 6, 3, 3, 10, 6, 3, 3, 16, 3, 3, 16, 3, 3, 19, 3, 7, 12, 3, 19, 3, 7, 12, 3, 19, ...
Interesting, huh?
Veikko