[seqfan] Re: OEIS Wiki: Offsets

Felix Fröhlich felix.froe at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 13 21:48:58 CEST 2015

A reason why I am proposing this change is because my personal rule for
determining the offset when submitting a sequence is like this:
"Is the definition of the sequence a function assigning to each argument n
a value a(n)? If yes, set the offset to the smallest n used. If no, the
sequence is (usually) a list and has offset 1." After this decision I also
know, for example, whether I need to use -1 or 0 for values n where a(n) is
undefined/nonexisting or whether this is not necessary (because of the
sequence being a list and as such normally does not have
undefined/nonexisting values). Constants are (under this rule) a special
case.

This usually works well for me. But I am fine with keeping the Wiki page
unchanged.

Best

Felix