[seqfan] Re: OEIS Wiki: Offsets

Rick Shepherd rlshepherd2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 05:42:39 CEST 2015

While considering our unwritten assumptions, I realized that I don't recall
ever seeing instructions for offset usage that explicitly say the index
always increases beginning with the offset value (at least for non-cons
seqs). Is there a need to document the preferred way of submitting a
sequence whose indices are, say, only negative (or to discourage this)?
Similar question for would-be sequences whose indices can be all the
integers...

In fact, if I didn't just overlook them, the OEIS doesn't contain a
sequence called "The integers" or "The nonzero integers".  Nevertheless, I
can imagine someone possibly searching for -4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,4, expecting
to find the former at least (By the way, this would seem to be an excellent
candidate for A000000 if such sequences were permitted (and if A000000 were
a valid A-number)).

Best regards,
Rick