[seqfan] Re: OEIS Wiki: Offsets

Frank Adams-Watters franktaw at netscape.net
Tue Apr 14 06:40:49 CEST 2015

Note that A001057 is the canonical sequence of all the integers. If you want to input a sequence defined on the entire integers as a single sequence, the preferred way to do it is to enter terms in this order.

On the other hand, some sequences defined on the entire integers are entered as two separate sequences: one with the non-negative indices, and another with the negative ones. See, for example, A000045 and A039834.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters