[seqfan] Re: The Sequencer OEIS survey

Rick Shepherd rlshepherd2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 19:42:59 CEST 2015

I wanted to add my thanks as well!

A few comments about the A129254 conjecture follow.

On Apr 13, 2015 3:10 AM, <hv at crypt.org> wrote:

> Thanks, this looks like nice work: many of the conjectures look very
> credible.
>
> If I correctly understand the sequence definition, the proposed formula
> for A145052 looks very likely, and if correct it should be easy to prove.
>
> However the conjecture for A129254 will match little more than the values
> listed - the pattern will break as soon as we start to reach [neighbours
of]
> multiples of 5^5, 3124 being the first example.

While looking for "low-hanging fruit," I just observed this, too (not
having consciously read this yet). Maybe it's worth noting that the
conjectured formula is correct for a similar sequence not yet in the OEIS
-- where the title could be similar but "p <= 3" is added. The terms of
that subsequence of A129254 are just numbers congruent to 27 and 80 mod 108
(=2^2*3^3). If of interest there could be other subsequences with p <=
progressively larger primes (to look for their formulas).  Note also that
A129254(59) = 3124, where the first such subsequence first varies.

Rick