[seqfan] A229215 Gosper Curve, major revision or new seq?

Brad Klee bradklee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:07:12 CEST 2015

Hi seqfans,

Take a look at this sequence for the Z-->Z^2 Gosper Curve:

http://oeis.org/A229215

First of all, Bos has done better than most at defining the function using vector notation, which eliminates annoying + and - signs.

But vector notation entails choice of coordinates. Bos does not take advantage of subgroup symmetry.

I would like to include better and computable definitions for a similar sequence that uses D3 symmetric translation generators.

These definitions generate sign and magnitude separately, which I doubt can be done using the asymmetric generators. It would be nice to have these as two new sequences.

As is, the sequence is not wrong, but the problems with signs are significant. The sign pattern should be uniform on 6 of the 7Z cosets, but it is disordered.

Is this a case where I should edit or a case where I should make a new entry?

Thanks,

Brad