[seqfan] Re: A229215 Gosper Curve, major revision or new seq?

Brad Klee bradklee at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 14:36:57 CEST 2015

Hi Kevin,

Oh no! I'm just now realizing I did something like a spoonerism on the codes. It should be A229214 in the title.

But the same arguments apply.

Sign(A229215) is not periodic here, but it should be because vectors along the boundary alternate between "cosets".

I'm not sure, but it looks like Yr computation uses an arbitrarily ordered list:

1,2,3,-1,-2,-3

And you get the asymmetrical sequence. If you use

1, -3, 2, -1, 3, -2

You should get the periodic sign sequence.

I'm not sure I understand Terdragon connection, but it sounds interesting.

The bottom line:

when you encrypt a symbolic sequence such as these into numbers, depending on arbitrary choices it will / will not be easy for someone to decipher. I saw this problem on Sequences for Gosper curve and Hilbert curve: encoding of turns or vectors does not preserve symmetry and / or modulus arithmetic.

Thanks,

Brad