[seqfan] Re: It's a Bug, Not a Feature

Hans Havermann gladhobo at teksavvy.com
Wed Dec 2 13:52:32 CET 2015

It strikes me as wrong that blame should be accepted where it is difficult to see where (if anywhere) it actually lies. A third party edited the sequence after Alonso. Al might have thought that the ball was then in that third party's ballpark. Do second and third editors after a proposal has already been made get that weekly reminder for a re-proposal (or only the party that made the initial edit/proposal)? At any rate, I think there is an implicit handoff to subsequent editors when multiple edits are made by multiple parties. Perhaps there should be a OEIS-server mechanism that only the most recent editor who made an edit be reminded that the sequence requires a re-proposal.