[seqfan] Re: A000108(n) ≡ 1 (mod 6)

israel at math.ubc.ca israel at math.ubc.ca
Thu Dec 3 07:14:40 CET 2015

Yes, very little is known about the number of 2's in the base 3
representation of 2^n. One thing you can say, though, is that 2^n == 1 mod
3 if n is even and 2 if n is odd, so the number of 2's in 2^n-1 the same as
the number of 2's in 2^n if n is even, and one less if n is odd. The number
of 2's in the base 3 representation of 2^n is A260683.

Cheers,
Robert