[seqfan] Re: A000108(n) ≡ 1 (mod 6)

Emmanuel Vantieghem emmanuelvantieghem at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 11:12:13 CET 2015

Dear Ed,

In the meantime I found a simple proof of the fact that  2  is a primitive
root modulo  3^n  for every n > 0.  Hence, the numbers  2^N  run through
all numbers from  1  to  2^(3^(n-1))  that are not divisible by 3.  This
implies that the columns are periodic and that all but the first one
contain 0, 1, 2  with the same frequency.
Thus, your conjectures (1)  and (ii)  are true.

Emmanuel.