[seqfan] Welcome to seqfan (was Re: Are all sufficiently large highly abundant numbers practical?)

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 07:02:03 CET 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 4:37 AM, <seqfan at jaycobcoleman.33mail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Coincidentally I just joined the mailing list.

Dear Jaycob,

Welcome to seqfan.

> I will take some time to try
> to understand your argument.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jaycob Coleman

There are several hundreds of subscribers to seqfan.
The following advice applies to them as well:

For your future posts, please take some time to

 - ponder that your message will be archived and publicly accessible

 - consider if your message is better sent privately to a few recipients
instead of the list

 - consider if you are enhancing the signal-to-noise ratio

 - cut out non relevant parts of previous posts (everyone has received them)

 - change the subject line if you have ... changed the subject

 - check you have configured your computer and selected your email address
and provider
to avoid end signatures,  mail server messages, advertising insertions,
legal disclaimers

 - remember that the moderator cannot edit your message for you. He can only
   forward it, reject it or ask you to re-post a better version.

 - communicate directly with the administrator through
seqfan-owner at list.seqfan.eu
if you have a question about the list, your subscription, proper
netiquette, etc.

With my best regards,

Olivier Gérard
Seqfan Mailing List Administrator