[seqfan] How many configurations with n dots ?

michel.marcus at free.fr michel.marcus at free.fr
Wed Jan 28 15:06:54 CET 2015

Dear SeqFans,

These past days I have been trying a game named Shot on Android.
You can look at a video about it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE-bEcVnB34
There one can sees examples of starting configurations with 2 to 5 dots.
In the game itself, there are some starting positions with up to 11 dots.
I was wondering if one could build the sequence of the number of possible such configurations and what would the best way to do this.
For n=2, could we say there is only 1 such position. And for n=3, only 2 or more ? And then how many for higher n ?

Best.
Michel.