[seqfan] A070837

Christian Perfect christianperfect at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 11:35:45 CEST 2015

I've been computing a sequence which turned out to be A070837 - the
smallest k such that |k-R(k)|=9n, or 0 if no such k exists.
I found an error in a(21) - it was listed as 190, but |190-R(190)| is 9*11.
I've corrected it to 1090.
The comment by Sascha Kurz appears to be incorrect - should it say "at
least 5 digits"? 9n=18, k =13 is the first of many counterexamples to the
statement as I interpret it. The statement is true when changed to "at
least 5 digits".
We've compute values up to k=10^8, so my maximum n for which I'm sure of
a(n) is 11108889, but before I submit a b-file I want to check that the
zeroes in the published sequence are really zeroes. Can anyone help? The
first zero is at n=12. A scatter plot of the values I've computed strongly
suggests to me that every n has a non-zero k:
http://checkmyworking.com/misc/a070837.png