[seqfan] Re: apparently unique infinite sequences related to the sum of divisors

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 22:16:26 CEST 2015

Neil,

As of "finite amount of checking" -- imagine that we are at a branching
point and we know that at least one of the branches is infinite. Then there
are two cases:

1) Exactly one branch is infinite. We can easily detect which branch is
infinite by showing that all but one branches are finite. The one which
remains must be infinite. This check can be done in finite time.

2) Two or more branches are infinite. Here we may be in trouble to detect
infinite branches.

Luckily, type-2 branching points do not appear for quite a while (if ever)
-- at least below 10^10 all branching points are of type 1.

Regards,
Max