[seqfan] Re: apparently unique infinite sequences related to the sum of divisors

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 13:55:47 CEST 2015

Vladimir,
I do not quite follow your argument about uniqueness of {a(n)} . In
particular, (*) contains only a(1),...,a(n) but no any a(k) with k>n, so I
do not see how infiniteness of {a(n)} may help here.
Also, convergence (if it indeed takes place, which I doubt) needs to be
proved, and this is not so easy since the function A() (i.e. number of
divisors) has a hectic behavior.
Max