[seqfan] A problem with keyword "unkn"

Giovanni Resta g.resta at iit.cnr.it
Wed Jun 17 13:33:16 CEST 2015

A recent submission ( https://oeis.org/draft/A259013 ) had Michel Marcus
and me notice a little discrepancy between the
clear-and-cut examples for "unkn" keyword:

http://oeis.org/wiki/Clear-cut_examples_of_keywords

and the tooltip the users see passing the mouse over "unkn",
that is:
"little is known; an unsolved problem.  anyone who can find a formula or
recurrence is encouraged to send it in."

If I remember correctly, usually this keyword is used for sequences
for which the definition itself is unknown (as said in the clear-and-cut
example), not for those sequences (a multitude!) for which
a closed formula is unknown.

Maybe it would be better to change the tooltip, because it can
confuse some new submitters.

Giovanni