[seqfan] Re: Is there an easy way to submit a similar sequence

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Sun Mar 8 08:01:15 CET 2015

* Ron Hardin <rhhardin at att.net> [Mar 08. 2015 07:05]:
> On linux-like systems (including Cygwin under windows, which I use) you
> can write or read the file /dev/clipboard instead of using the mouse for
> half of the operation.

No such file, neither on my (olden) Suse nor on a more recent Debian.

You may want to use one of
  xcb -p 0
...if the program in question supports the (long depreciated) cut buffer,
or (need to download, compile, install)
  cutsel -selection PRIMARY sel
or  (again, download, compile, install)
  xcopy -r
The latter two use the primary selection.

These solutions should work on everything using X11.
And so should the good old mouse copy & paste!

Best regards,  jj