[seqfan] Re: Number names - a chain

Bob Selcoe rselcoe at entouchonline.net
Tue Mar 10 01:18:27 CET 2015

Hi Sean, Eric & Seqfans,

Sean - that's interesting; quite sure I couldn't do any better than 17!
(definitely not without a program).

A variant on the puzzle could be how many letters in the longest chain given
n words.  For example n=13 could start:

EIGHTY-SEVEN, FOUR, ELEVEN, THIRTY-FOUR, SEVEN...

adding 13 letters total to your chain, Eric.

Cheers,
Bob Selcoe