[seqfan] Re: Number Names

john.mason at lispa.it john.mason at lispa.it
Thu Mar 12 21:42:51 CET 2015

Ciao
This page http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/English-language_numerals gives a
not particularily definitive naming convention and explains the difference
of the "and" between British and American. So if sequences are using
American english, this should at least be mentioned in their definitions.
Once this clarification is made, the finer points may be left to the
inhabitants of the (ex-)colonies.
John

Inviato da iPad

<franktaw at netscape.net> ha scritto:

> I think it's more complicated than that. Many Americans do use "and",
although at least when I was in school we were taught to not use it. And
those who do use it differ as to which places they use it.