[seqfan] Re: How many ways to dissect a square into 4 congruent pieces

Giovanni Resta g.resta at iit.cnr.it
Thu May 14 17:14:28 CEST 2015

On 05/13/2015 07:56 PM, Neil Sloane wrote:
> ...In any case, could you (Giovanni, perhaps) create
> a new entry for your results (and tell me the A-number)?

I have created the
https://oeis.org/draft/A257952

in which I have copied also the letter and the paper
from Popular Computing. In both cases I have converted the images
to one single PDF to reduce the size and number of files.
I hope this is not a problem.

I have also uploaded a complete figure (766 squares) for the 8x8 case.

I tried to explain in the comment which dissections are considered
distinct, following the spirit of Parkin's letter.
Almost surely the form can be improved.

Giovanni