[seqfan] Re: Computational Efficiency Sequences

israel at math.ubc.ca israel at math.ubc.ca
Sun May 17 19:13:30 CEST 2015

It's the number of operations required for solving the system by row
reduction, but there are more efficient algorithms based on fast
matrix-multiplication methods. See e.g. Petkovic and Stanimirovic,
"Generalized matrix inversion is not harder than matrix multiplication",
Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 230 (2009) 270-282
 <http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0377042708006237>
We don't know, and are not likely to know any time soon, the actual minimum
numbers of operations as a function of N.

Cheers,
Robert