[seqfan] Windows Calculator can calculate Gamma function (A245884)

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 04:40:01 CET 2015

The Windows Calculator 6.3 (under Windows 8.1) can calculate the Gamma
function, at least for positive real values that don't cause an overflow. I
had it in scientific mode (Alt+2), had just done a calculation involving
dollar amounts (with cents), when I wondered what would happen if I pressed
the n! button. It gave an answer.

Of course that number is such that it shouldn't be in the OEIS. So I tried
1.5!, and sure enough, the result is Gamma(5/2) (decimal expansion is
A245884).

Al

--
Alonso del Arte