[seqfan] Re: metadata for Mathematica code

Peter Luschny peter.luschny at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:00:09 CET 2015

> Charles Greathouse and I discussed this at length about a year ago and
came
> up with an initial list of labels.  It makes sense to put labels in
> comments, so for example the Mathematica field
> (* TermListByIndexFunctionDefinition *)

We are pleased to see that Mark Twain's plea for the
German language has now reached the OEIS.

As Mark writes: "Some German words are so long that
they have a perspective. ... These things are not words,
they are alphabetical processions. ... Of course when one
of these grand mountain ranges goes stretching across the
printed page, it adorns and enobles that literary landscape."

Now we will have all these wonderful things also in the OEIS.

Maybe we should, to blend these new metadata better with the
special grace of Wolfram's typography, like the square brackets
for function arguments, write these identifiers in Fraktur.

Peter