[seqfan] Re: metadata for Mathematica code

Marc LeBrun mlb at well.com
Fri Nov 13 18:00:33 CET 2015

My concern here is nicely captured by a term I just learned, "bikeshedding":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_law_of_triviality

While I think it's fine that the OEIS entries host code fragment marginalia,
sort of like Talmudic commentary, the OEIS is not really well suited as a
code repository.

I would suggest a better alternative outlet for this enthusiasm might be to
create an open source project with its own github, style wiki etc.  Then the
OEIS could simply contain links to this corpus, rather than a mess of code.