[seqfan] Re: A064513, A058201, and the graph degree/diameter problem.

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 17 15:37:12 CET 2015

[... snipped...]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_the_largest_known_graphs_of_a_given_diameter_and_maximal_degree
>) gives values 2, 5, 10, 15, 25, 32, 50. So their a(5) agrees with the later
>sequence on OEIS, but their a(2) (and *my* a(2), for that matter!)
>disagrees with *both* versions on OEIS.

I read the Wikipedia page as saying that a(5) = 24 - admittedly the dark
blue background could easily lead to misreading!

In any case, that agrees with the EJC Dynamic Survey (updated 2013). The
Wikipedia link to that seems to be broken: a working one is

http://www.combinatorics.org/ojs/index.php/eljc/article/view/DS14

This also confirms a(6) = 32 as optimal.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk