[seqfan] Re: Resurrect A090566?

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 04:16:04 CET 2015

Bob, I wish I had more time, but I am swamped. I can't check your
theorem - in fact it wasn't clear to me exactly what you are claiming.

You first said `The "trick" is to consecutively add either zeroes or the
digits of the square root of ten, "316228..." and test to see if the latter
half of the result of (floor(sqrt(a(n) ...)+1)^2 yields what you wish.`

You are claiming that this is a process that will produce the terms of
A090566, right? And then your next message gives a Mma implementation.
If this works that is very impressive. But I will let someone else check it!

If you don't have a proof that it is correct, then you shouldn't use it to
extend
the sequence.  But you certainly should add it to the sequence as a
conjectured algorithm.

Best regards
Neil