[seqfan] Re: Idea for a sequence

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Thu Nov 26 14:09:42 CET 2015

Afterwards I thought maybe this is a short finite sequence.

Given two numbers you can efficiently generate all suffixes that make them both square, e.g.
(1, 2) => (11025, 21025) &c
(1, 3) => (16, 36) &c
(2, 3) => (2025, 3025) &c

However, three numbers seems much more difficult. I couldn't find a suffix making each of (1, 2, 3) square (I checked up to 14 digit suffix using a relatively dumb algorithm).

For 3 or more numbers, do I detect the smell of a Diophantine problem with a finite number of solutions?