[seqfan] Pictures from the OEIS web page

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 12:12:46 CET 2015

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 7:40 AM,  <seqfan-request at list.seqfan.eu> wrote:

> Message: 11
> Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 12:26:45 -0500
> From: Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com>
> To: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
> Subject: [seqfan] Pictures from the OEIS web page
>
> Dear Seq Fans:
> Many pictures in the OEIS would look great on T-shirts, tote bags, etc.
> We have made a web page with a list of examples: see
> https://oeis.org/OEIS_pics.html
> It is not finished yet.
>
> Want to help? - suggest more pictures (send them to me, njasloane at gmail.com)
> - ideally for a T-shirt you need a blank background, but for a poster you
> do need a background, and you may or may not want a caption. So ideally we
> would like to get 4 versions of each picture:
> -- no background, with caption
> -- no background, no caption
> -- with background, with caption
> -- with background, no caption
> In most cases we only have one or two versions right now.
> If you would like to help, send more versions of the pictures we already
> have. (I'm not good at removing backgrounds or adding captions)

Yes, I think many of the captions would deserve more graceful fonts
and colours. But well, it's just my taste.

In any case, this is very nice (also because of the optical illusion created):
https://oeis.org/A250120/a250120_RM.png

This would immediately make a nice LP-sleeve:
https://oeis.org/A006066/a006066_caption.gif
(What kind of music "Kobon triangles" would play?)

Many illustrations by Tilman Piesk would make also great T-shirts:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Watchduck
(And some of them are connected with sequences, e.g. https://oeis.org/A039754 )

Best,

Antti