[seqfan] Re: when is 1234...n a prime?

Hans Havermann gladhobo at teksavvy.com
Thu Oct 1 02:57:02 CEST 2015

To underscore what an achievement Dana Jacobsen's non-find in the first 64000 terms represents: Unless the term had a relatively small factor, it would take me about three hours (in Mathematica) to test *one* of these numbers at the upper end. To do that many thousands represents (for me) *months* of computation. The closest I have come to doing something like this is looking for a prime in (10^n*78880-1)/3 where I believe n > 332700. Yes it would be pretty exciting to find (any) such large probable prime, not least because it would (likely) be in the top 100 (largest) known probable primes.