[seqfan] Re: triple vs triplet

Harvey P. Dale hpd at hpdale.org
Fri Oct 23 21:22:52 CEST 2015

Neil:

          There are three families, unrelated to each other, living at 100 Main Street, Metropolis, USA.  They each have the same last name.  Each family had one child born on the same day.  Are they triplets? ☺

          I would have thought the definition, in lieu of “same last name,” would have been “same mother” and I suppose that even if one, but not all, of the children later moved to another address their triplet status would persevere? ☺

          Best,

          Harvey