[seqfan] Origami figures

David Corneth davidacorneth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 13:28:07 CEST 2015

I've created a few origami-figures, as shown in the images below (site
displays ads):
http://nl.tinypic.com/r/2urkx3n/8

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/15reidf/8

I guess this could match a sequence a(n) where n is the number of lags it
stands on (if it stands) and a(n) is the number of spikes the figure has.
To create the figures, the number of origami-sheets one needs is 1.5 times
the amount of spikes the figure has. Each spike consists of 3 parts of
paper however every piece of paper is in two spikes.

So in the image I have figures on I guess what should be counted as two
pawns, furthermore one on three pawns, four and five. Could I make one on
six pawns? Seven? Any number of pawns? If so, how many spikes would it
have? (Equivalently how many sheets would I need?)
Is there a describing sequence for this problem? If so, it would have
elements 2, 4, 8, 20,... or 3, 6, 12, 30,... and I could add the images
there as a file I guess.