[seqfan] Re: Inconsistencies in OEIS

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Thu Sep 17 17:20:57 CEST 2015

You're right that eishelp1 is outdated. I don't think there's a new page
which describes the internal format; perhaps I will write one.

> There are ~ 330 such cases -- many simply stemming from different first-index
conventions, but others with egrogious errors

I should mention that Neil and I have both run this sort of check on
b-files before. Errors crop up from time to time. :/

> For now I just flag the following:
>
> - the ligature characters: 'ff', 'fi', 'fl'
> - fullwidth colon character ':' (0xff1a)
> - fullwidth colon character ';' (0xff1b)

Good idea! Yes, these should probably be scrubbed.

> If you can confirm that your list is authoritive (or, as close to authoritive
as we have), then I can adapt my parser to emit less false positive
warnings.

Yes. My page
https://oeis.org/wiki/User:Charles_R_Greathouse_IV/Keywords
is the closest thing we have to an authoritative reference on keywords, and
my page
https://oeis.org/wiki/User:Charles_R_Greathouse_IV/Format
is the closest thing we have to an authoritative reference on the b-file
format.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University