[seqfan] Re: A089755

Frank Adams-Watters franktaw at netscape.net
Sun Sep 20 20:34:32 CEST 2015

I think my last comment pretty well covers that. "It appears certain" is, I think,
the strongest wording for a conjecture. It says, "yeah, of course it's true,
but we can't actually prove it". For example, in spite of the immense
numerical evidence, I would not give that high an endorsement to
Goldbach's conjecture - that would probably get "it appears nearly
certain", or even just "it appears likely".

Franklin T. Adams-Watters