[seqfan] Re: Finding sequences suitable for recursion formulas of type a(n) = 1 + a(Axxxxxx(n)).

Kevin Ryde user42_kevin at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 30 11:08:29 CEST 2015

antti.karttunen at gmail.com (Antti Karttunen) writes:

> which seem to satisfy a(k) < k for all the rest of terms.

On this bit, in some code I reckoned sequences like that as
"smaller" in the sense that values are smaller than the indices.
It choose between styles of plotting: a(n) as a colour for small,
or a(n) as a location for big.  But I never worked out whether to
be strictly a(n)<n, or after a few initial values, or even just
"mostly so".