[seqfan] Re: A314159

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Sat Apr 23 08:48:07 CEST 2016

To set a bar:

Least inverse argument in the "best" arctan relation for Pi, see
  http://jjj.de/arctan/arctanpage.html  (bottom of page)
Sequence starts  1, 5, 18, 57, 192, 577, ...
The problem goes back to Gauss / Stormer / Lehmer and others.
I attacked the problem in 1993 and again in 2006.
Problem: as far as I know only 1 and 5 are proven.
I speculate that the terms up to 390112 are OK as given.
For some background see Section 32.5, pages 366ff in
  http://jjj.de/fxt/#fxtbook

Best regards,   jj

* Olivier Gerard <olivier.gerard at gmail.com> [Apr 21. 2016 10:57]: