[seqfan] Melodies

Ezequiel Birman ebirman77 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:26:23 CEST 2016

Hello fellow seqfans. This is my first post.

I looked through the archives and found some melodies, ie. Star Wars theme
mapped as dial tone numbers, but sometimes I am in need of searching a
database of melodies. I was wondering if anyone could point me to some
collection.

I know of some sites that collect traditional melodies in musical score
notation or tablature. Mapping a melody to integer numbers might not be the
most universal solution (how may we represent microtonal melody?)  but
sometimes it could be really useful to be able to abstract pitch
information from other parameters, duration, timbre, etc

Thank you