[seqfan] Re: Arranging circles on a sphere -- A000055?

Андрей Заболотский zabolotis at mail.ru
Thu Aug 25 13:56:48 CEST 2016

 It is true, but it does not contradict what Vladimir says. When circles are placed on a plane, insidedness is indeed a natural thing. But sphere has no special point and no special outside region, so it is natural to deny the insidedness in this case. And that is why the trees with unlabeled nodes instead of the rooted ones appear here.

Equivalently, we may consider a plane but allow inversion symmetry operations. Inversions preserve the tree but changes its root, if I am not mistaken.

(Perhaps it was clear for you, and I just miss something in your reasoning; I'm sorry if it is the case.)