[seqfan] Re: Is A026477 determined by prime signatures?

Bob Selcoe rselcoe at entouchonline.net
Thu Aug 25 18:41:45 CEST 2016

Hi Charles & Seqfans,

I think that single digit sets (i.e., prime powers p^r) can only
be r = {1,2,4,8,15,22...}, because after p and p^2 appear, r can only
numbers which cannot be sums of any combination of 1, 2 or 3 smaller members
of r.

Expanding to prime signatures with
double-digit sets {r,r} (i.e. prime powers (pq)^r), we run into the similar
situation that there can only be certain numbers of this form which appear
in the
sequence: since p and q appear, pq cannot; since p^2 and q^2 appear, (pq)^2
cannot; since p^4 and q^4 appear and p^8, (pq)^3 must appear but
(pq)^{4,5,6,7,8} cannot, etc.

Unless I'm mistaken, this situation applies to all prime signatures, so I
believe your conjecture is correct.

If so, I'll add it as a comment to A026477.

Cheers,
Bob Selcoe